64 Bit Operating System
How to check if the computer is a 64-bit operating system：
The way to see if your computer is a 64-bit operating system is simple. There are three main ways to view it：
1. Computer property viewing method. First select “Computer” on the desktop, press the right mouse button, select “Properties” in the right-click menu bar, in the computer properties window, you can see whether the installation is a 64-bit operating system.
2. Control panel view method. This method first clicks “Start” / “Control Panel” / in the control panel category display mode, click “System and Security” and then click “System”, you can see the same interface as Method 1.
3. Command prompt systeminfo view method. To do this, first click on the “Start” button, then type “cmd” in the start menu search box, then press the Enter key on the keyboard, enter the word “systeminfo” in the command prompt window and press the keyboard. Enter the key to see if the installed Win7 is a 64-bit operating system. Also note that the 64-bit operating system code is x64.
The above is how to check if the computer is a 64-bit operating system. Any of the above three methods, any method can successfully check whether the computer is installed on a 64-bit operating system.
Advantages of 64-bit operating system：
With the infiltration of multimedia functions and the increasing popularity of hardware prices, many people are no longer satisfied with simple applications such as typing on computers, making forms, chatting online. With the increasing demand for computers, 32-bit systems have been unable to do so, so 64-bit operating systems came into being. The biggest feature of 64-bit operating systems compared to 32-bit is the ability to provide large memory support. Currently, 32-bit operating systems can support up to 4GB of system memory, and each processor can use up to 2GB of dedicated memory. The 64-bit operating system supports up to 128GB of memory, and with the enhancement of hardware functions and memory size, it is possible to support up to 16000GB of virtual memory. However, the increase in memory capacity is only one aspect that reflects the advantages of the 64-bit operating system. A lot of data processing is where 64-bit computing plays a big role. In the home, architectural design and other fields, a 64-bit operating system is required to perform a large amount of data calculation and processing.
Determine how your computer supports installing a 64-bit operating system:
1. Judgment method: dual-core or dual-core cpu, basically can support 64-bit; the method is to right click “My Computer” / “Properties” / “Device Manager”, look under the “Processor” tab A few, if there are two are dual-core, multiple is multi-core, as long as it is dual-core and dual-core support 64-bit operating system.
2. Test Tools: The easiest way is to use the cpu-z tool, which can be easily downloaded by searching online. Run the cpuz program to view the test data in the middle of the instruction set. If you see “EM64T”, you can indicate that the computer supports 64-bit systems. In addition, right click “My Computer” / “Properties”, you can see the “System Type” in the middle, so you can clearly see if you are currently using a 64-bit operating system.